Blogging is a great way to systematize and share your knowledge with others! Especially IT blogs! That is why at Aspire we encourage everyone to write blog posts. We reward them with Geek Points and G-Coins in our internal gamification platform: League of Geeks. Although the best reward is sharing itself.
Why sharing is important?
For many people sharing knowledge is a selfless act. When we share, we do it because we want to do something for someone other than ourselves.
But sharing knowledge is good not only for the receiver – but also for the giver!
Here is why:
- When you teach – you learn yourself. Teaching someone is the best way to learn something or to verify your knowledge
- You are out of the comfort zone
- The best way to understand the issue is to try and explain it to another person.
- You learn to think differently and ask and answer questions
- By sharing your knowledge and experience, you become a mentor for others. You gain satisfaction, gratitude, self-confidence
- Good karma comes back
- You know how to recognize areas that need deepening knowledge
- You are not afraid of admitting mistakes
Read more… blogs!
It is also good to read other blogs. It’s a great way to stay informed on the ever-changing IT world. On the occasion of Blogs’ Day, we asked Aspirians about their favourite IT blogs with valuable knowledge.
Jakub, .NET Developer
- radekmaziarka.pl – Polish blog about software development and leadership
- jimmybogard.com – distributed systems, REST, messaging, domain-driven design and CQRS
- blog.ploeh.dk – programming, software development, and architecture
Michał, Software Developer
- blog.angularindepth.com – a blog about advanced Angular concepts
Julia, Software Developer
- uxplanet.org – everything related to user experience
Łukasz, Software Developer
- andrewlock.net – a blog about ASP.NET Core
- exceptionnotfound.net – stories from a web developer: ASP.NET, ASP.NET Core, C#, design patterns
Adrian, .NET Developer
- bulldogjob.com – a wide variety of articles: technical and career-related
Mateusz, Project Manager
- hanselman.com/blog – he blogs about technology, culture, gadgets, diversity, code, the web, where we’re going and where we’ve been
- azure.microsoft.com/en-us/blog – official Azure Microsoft blog
- blog.sqlauthority.com – a blog about SQL
Kasia, Software Tester
- automatetheplanet.com/blog – software quality
Krzysztof, Senior Software Developer
- martinfowler.com – refactoring, agile and architecture
- blog.codinghorror.com – web development and the human side of it
Michał, Software Developer
- smashingmagazine.com – design and development
Maja, Software Tester
- agile247.pl – a Polish blog about Agile
- trzeciakawa.pl – Scrum related topics
- calnewport.com/blog – Cal is the creator of the Deep Mind methodology
- rozwojowiec.pl – personal development
Thank you to all Aspirians for sharing your favourite blogs!
You can also share your favourite IT books in the comments below!
Find out more about life at Aspire Systems Poland here.